Map of Our Natchez Trace Bike Trip

Friday, September 3, 2010

<><><><><><>
<> <>
<>
<><><><><><><><>
Loaded and ready to pedal 2000 miles!
Day 1 - It was a great day to start our trip with temperatures in the 70's and a 15-20 mi/hr. NW wind which helped push us to Arrow Rock, MO.  We made it to Marshall, MO. in just 2 hrs. 20 mins.  That's not too bad because it takes a car over half an hour to go the same distance!  We ate an early dinner at a Chinese buffet in Marshall and were well on our way to have an early camp, but we had a rear flat tire as we were leaving town.  I wasn't too surprised because the tire was getting marginal and was close to needing to be replaced anyway.  I was just not expecting to have to replace it after only 30 miles! Fortunately,  I brought along 2 spare tires with the anticipation of having to replace the bad tire sometime during the trip.  Despite not leaving Higginsville until after 11:30 AM and a flat, we were still setting up camp in Arrow Rock Historic Park by 5:30 PM.  We enjoyed a quiet evening in the wonderful cool weather after covering 48.7 miles today in under 4 hours of pedaling time.  We averaged over 12 mi/hr.  Sorry the pictures to the left are in reverse order.  I am still learning how to use this blog and remember-----I am a Senior Citizen!  It seems I can't remove a photo once I publish it.  In addition,  I can't seem to get captions with the proper photo if there is more than one picture, so I just eliminated the captions.  It appears this blog site has some big limitations.  Be patient.  I'm learning as we go and my time is limited.  It seems I spend most of my time pedaling anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment